Saturday, February 8, 2014

Aida’s Chicken in Manokan Country-Bacolod City, Negros Occidental


What comes into your mind when u hears Inasal? For me it’s Bacolod City. I’ve never been there but my friends always say that Bacolod is the place for delicious Inasal. Inasal is an Ilonggo term means grill.



We arrived in Silay International Airport around 8:25pm, our hotel was in Bacolod City. My tummy was already crumbling. My sister and her friend, who is a true blooded local, Negrense, told us that we can try the Inasal in Manokan Country. Wow so it means chicken is the specialty. Manokan Country, an entire building of carinderia-style restaurants selling a variety of grilled foods, but mainly the famous chicken inasal.
  
 

My sister’s friend brought us to Aida’s Chicken. It is an ordinary looking carinderia, decorated with Masks, used from the local festival called Maskara Festival. Aida’s chicken Bacolod was awarded as best restaurant in 2012 by Esquire. Sounds interesting right? Ordinary looking restaurant but awarded as best restaurant.




The waitress told us that their best seller is the pechopak, it is the breast and wing part of the chicken. We ordered 5 pechopak and 4 cups of steamed rice. The friend of my sister said that the best way to eat the steamed rice is to pour the chicken oil, the oil coming from the chicken while it is being grilled and salt. LOL sounds super unhealthy? You can choose not to try it, but I tried it. I set aside a small portion of rice then poured a little of chicken oil and put a dash of salt. It tasted good why not. It can’t be found in Manila and we were on tour so try new things.


The pechopack was cooked well done. Juicy and delicious till the bones. Dip in the sauce, vinegar, calamondin  and soy sauce. Perfect chicken grilled for me. The prices are cheap for a tasty food. 



Aida’s Chicken
Manokan Country
Fr. M. Ferrero St. cor Rizal St.
Bacolod City
Negros Occidental



No comments:

Post a Comment