Friday, November 1, 2013

Guernica's Tapas Bar & Restaurant



Interior of the Restaurant
My sister has been craving for paella especially the arroz valenciana. She was asking me to cook but the ingredients are more expensive than indulging it in a restaurant. I invited her instead to Guernica’s branch in SM City Sucat, Paranaque so we went there. This restaurant was founded in 1955 by a Spaniard came from Guernica, Spain, where the name of the restaurant was derived. It is one of the Philippines’ First and Finest Restaurants.





Paella negra caught my attention so I ordered it; I got curious why it is named as such. We ordered Churros and Gambas al Ajillo (Shrimp in Garlic). My other sister told me that I know now where to buy the yummy Churros, she really liked it because it blended well with the chocolate. The Gambas al Ajillo tasted so good, the herbs used complimented well the shrimp. It was our first time to try Paella Negra and we all are not into rice mixed with squid ink, it was just ok but for sure we will not order it again. We are planning to come back and try their other Paellas. The restaurant has wifi connection so diners can enjoy the food while browsing the net.

Gambas al Ajillo

Churros

Paella Negra

No comments:

Post a Comment